We are seeking girls between the ages of 11 and 21 who love to make videos and WHO are passionate about female and youth empowerment to be our STRONG Girl Presenters!
What will the STRONG Girl Presenters do?
If you’re cast as one of our STRONG Girl Presenters, we will ask you to create a video approximately once a month. Sometimes we will assign a topic. For example, we may ask you to review a product, or give a tutorial on something (such as how to install and maintain smoke alarms, or how to hang a picture—don’t worry, we’d give you all the information you’d need first!), or even to interview someone in your community. Sometimes though, the video topic won’t be assigned, which will give you free space to be creative and shoot your video about something you think other STRONG girls would be really interested in! We're looking for content that is EMPOWERING and INSPIRATIONAL!
- You must be between 11 and 21 years of age
- If you’re under 18 you must have permission from a parent or guardian to enter
- You must be able to upload your audition video to your own YouTube Channel
- You must make sure you follow our Instagram account and subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Your content must be suitable for girls age 10 and up to view.
- If you’re chosen to be a STRONG Girl Presenter, you’re representing STRONG. We promote empowerment and inspiration, but also kindness, responsibility, and tolerance. You must follow these guidelines in your daily life and on your own social media accounts.
- The deadline for sending in your videos is July 9th 2018
- If cast, you need to be able to post one video a month in July, August, September, October, November and December this year.
What should my video be about?
We want to see your personality and also your passion! Here are some ideas for you to consider when you’re creating your audition video. Remember though, these are just ideas, anything goes!:
- Do a demo or a tutorial - show us how to do something you’re interested in. Maybe you’re a martial arts expert, you’ve invented a new hairstyle or you’re great at creating bird houses from recycled materials. Show us how it’s done.
- Interview someone interesting. STRONG always features great role models. Get out there and talk to someone in your community about what they do. Maybe there’s a female entrepreneur you could talk to about her business, or a girl you know who is setting up a fundraiser, or just someone with a cool hobby you think people would like to hear about. Get out there and ask them some questions.
- Going to a concert? Taking a walk in the woods? Going on a cool trip somewhere? Take your phone with you and shoot a video to tell us all about it!
- Tell us a story - another option is an introductory video. Tell us about you - tell us a story from your life and tell us why you think you’d be a great STRONG Girls Presenter.
- Tell us what you think about an issue that impacts you! Maybe you want to share your thoughts on bullies, or you feel strongly about grades in school. Tell us what makes your blood boil and what you want to do about it!
- Give a short presentation on something that really interests you and that you think will interest others. From animal conservation to military aircraft, fashion to food. TEACH us something in an interesting way!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How long should my video be?
A. We'd like to see videos of between 3 and 10 minutes.
Q. Do I need loads of equipment to make buy videos?
A. Not at all! You can just use an app on your phone or even talk into the webcam on your computer
Q. I'm 10. Can I still apply?
A. Not this time! But don't worry, there'll be other opportunities in the future!
Q. When do auditions end?
A. We need to receive your application by midnight on July 9th 2018.
Q. When will I find out if I have been cast?
A. We'll contact you by Friday July 13th to let you know if you've been cast or not. Please triple check you've sent us the correct email address!
Any other questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Please note contest in no way affiliated with YouTube, Instagram or Facebook. No purchase necessary to win. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions